Spider veins are dilated superficial blood vessels that often appear on the surface of the lower extremities or on the face. They are usually caused by damage to the small valves in veins, which causes back-flow, increased pressure and venous dilation.
An example of a patient with spider veins is Helen R., a 38-year-old white female with a history of spider veins behind both knees and thighs bilaterally that developed after pregnancy.
Helen had a medical history of deep venous thromboses in both legs at the age of 35. She also had a history of smoking one pack of cigarettes per day for the past 25 years. Helen had gained 40 pounds during her pregnancy.
To take care of her spider veins, Helen was placed on a regimen with D’OXYVA®, a transdermal deoxyhemoglobin microcirculation vasodilator. She was given 5-minute applications 5 times per week for 2 weeks, which eliminated all of her spider veins.
How Does D’OXYVA® Eliminate the Appearance of Spider Veins?
D’OXYVA® works to eliminate spider veins by gently delivering a supersaturated mixture of water vapor and ultra-purified carbon dioxide (CO2) with no pressure or force through the surface of the skin. Studies with D’OXYVA have shown that this approach elicits a response from the microcirculation (the smallest blood vessels in the body), which improves and normalizes circulation and oxygenation.
D’OXYVA also works by balancing the effects of the autonomic nervous system (the sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous systems) to achieve a state of homeostasis. Furthermore, it so-called hypoxia inducible factors play a critical role in the exceptional safety and efficacy profile of D’OXYVA.
Major Risk Factors for the Development of Spider Veins
There are a number of risk factors for the development of spider/varicose veins. These include:
- Gender—Female patients have a much higher risk of developing spider veinsthan male patients.
- Genetic history—The majority of patients with spider veins have a close relative with spider veins.
- Pregnancy—Pregnancy increases the downward pressure on veins in the lower extremities, leading to an increase in spider veins.
- Weight—Obese patients have an increased body mass index, which puts added strain on the veins of the lower extremities, causing spider veins.
- Age—With increasing age, the valves in the veins can become weaker, leading to backflow and pooling of blood in the veins, which increases venous pressure and causes spider veins.
- Birth Control Pills—Patients on birth control pills have a higher risk of developing spider veins than women who are not on birth control pills.
- Sitting/Standing for Long Periods of Time – Extended periods of sitting or standing without changing positions can lead to pooling of blood in the lower extremities, leading to the development of spider veins.
- A History of Lower Extremity Blood Clots—Deep venous thromboses (DVTs), which are blood clots in the deep veins of the legs, can lead to damaged valves and resultant spider veins.
- Hormonal Therapy—Patients on hormone replacement therapy for menopausal symptoms are also at increased risk for developing spider veins.
Ways to Decrease the Risks of Developing Spider Veins
To decrease the risk of developing spider veins, here are some helpful suggestions:
- Maintain a healthy diet and exercise program to establish a healthy weight.
- Avoid sitting or standing for more than 30 minutes at a time.
- Avoid crossing your legs when sitting for long periods of time, as this can decrease circulation.
- Avoid wearing high heels for long periods of time, as this can reduce blood circulation in the calf muscles.
- Elevate your feet whenever possible when taking a break from work or extended sitting or standing.
PHYSICIAN-RECOMMENDED, EASY TO USE DAILY
How Can D'OXYVA Help?
D’OXYVA® is the only fully noninvasive, completely painless over-the-skin microcirculatory solution that has been validated to significantly improve microcirculation.
D’OXYVA® (deoxyhemoglobin vasodilator) has eliminated 97%* of all mild to severe so-called spider and varicose veins for both men and women users. Doing so while eliminating associated long-term pain within 2 to 4 weeks** by taking a single 5-minute application 5 times per week.
Reduce unwanted doctor visits, recommended and ranked top by experts!